Pages

Monday, October 26, 2015

Robin On A Branch

Hello Rhea here to share the new release Robin on a Branch which you can find Here
This is one of my favorite images of all times and was actually quite easy to color.

The colors I used are:
Background: BG10, B0000, B41, 45, RV10, BV20 and a water brush filled with 91% alcohol.
After it was completely dried,  I used burlap and 91% alcohol and texturized it from the backside to push the color back to the front.  Kind of like a reverse.  When you use a lot of alcohol it pushes the color to the back of the paper.  To bring some of the shadows back to the front and add dimension,  I simply used my brush filled with alcohol and on the backside of the paper outlined some shadow areas.  This was fast and easy.  I feel it gave more of a water color effect to the background.
The Bird colors were:  Belly, E12, 15, 19 with W5 all done by using the side of the nib and kind of "smushing" the color in place.  When I was done I went back over with E13 to blend it together. Now for his feathers they were simply light strokes of W5, 7, 9
The flowers were colored with : RV 32, 34, E04 and RV10 for highlight areas.
Leaves Were G21, 24, 29 with YG 21 for the highlight areas. 

Hope you enjoyed!


2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card. Thanks for explaining how you colored it. I'm very new to Copic markers and I loved how you explained the alcohol on the back of the paper. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card. Thanks for explaining how you colored it. I'm very new to Copic markers and I loved how you explained the alcohol on the back of the paper. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete